Friday, February 09, 2007

Here's what I've been working on today. Its one of the panels for my Virtutus Key story. I want to transform this into a full size acrylic painting. I started playing around with this particular scene last night after dinner and dishes. Thursdays are always a very full day for me homeschool and errand wise, since my daughter takes ice skating lessons the next town over. Anyway, by the time we get home, take care of all our animals and assorted chores...Well, there's little time left for art. But, I figured I'd try to get an hour, or so in before bed time.

This is my first sketch. I was sleepy, so I left the rest of it to this morning.
















Mornings here with Six parrots, two dogs, a cat, four lizards, a turtle, a mouse and teens require a bit of juggling. I generally start with our cat Zip, then the dogs, birds and so on. I suppose I could get the kids up at the same time, but honestly, I need that first hour, or two to take care of the animals, sip some tea, study, read and play.

This morning I pulled out some old canvas and prepped them with gesso. I wanted to make sure they'd be dry when I was done sketching. I need to transfer the illustration onto the canvas without making a mess.
















Then it was back to work on my pencil sketch. Here's where I am so far. At this point I'm not sure if I'm happy with it. Before I transfer it over to my canvas, I'm going to go for a walk and get some perspective. Its always helpful to get away from a piece for a while and come back to it with fresh eyes.















Later, if I'm happy with it, I'll start the painting process. But, first my walk, then back to town with Shu-Lin to the Vets. She needs seven more shots of antibiotics every three days for her knee infection. Then back home, dinner, dishes, chores and finally, sometime tonight, back to my studio to paint.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vivian I can't even tell you how impressed I am with your sketching skills. They are truly incredible. I am jealous to beat the band! Excellent! Thanks for sharing! It's fun to see what you post on your blog through Jackeflap. I can follow you as you sketch!

This sketch is just beautiful!

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home