Monday, February 08, 2010

Letters to the Dragon King... 63rd Day. from Songs for the Dragon King By Vivian Hadding

I miss you. You creep into my thoughts, my dreams, my memories like the warm salty sea expanding and reaching into the very depths of me. It feels as if I've lost my best friend and with him, my heart and parts of my soul. Its stupid I know, but it happens daily all the same.

I listen to the wind for word of you, watch the sky for a sign...the ocean for a bottle. I don't want to give up but you leave me bitter choice. I am a fool, a dreamer, a believer, a child at heart that has little place in this world of harsh sceptics.

I came across a new village today. I spied on some warriors from afar. Some seemed nice and I thought perhaps I might talk to a few of them, get to know them better... maybe become friends. Its a scary thought, letting others in too close , but you never know what you might learn from each other if you don't try. I just want a few good friends...some brothers I can talk to without falling in love. Some brothers to help push you out of my heart...out of my soul, out of my mind. I'm not sure if I will talk to them, we will see. Perhaps a martial school would be best. A place to sharpen and grow my skills as a spiritual warrior...perhaps we'll just have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home