Monday, October 15, 2007













































I finally had a few days off after months of working on the road. No, not as in touring the USA or anything like that, more as in hauling my novels in progress with me. I've been driving my kids back and forth between skating and dance six days a week. I'd rather be writing at home under my favorite oak tree but no, I've been utilizing the chairs and benches at the rink and dance studio from morning till late afternoon. On some days we don't get home till 8 PM, then its house work and cooking for me yippy!

I guess it took an few mishaps to get me to actually take a few days off and my God...It feel great! Unfortunately the kids and I had to suffer some minor accidents and illness. My youngest kept falling on the ice last week and pulled a thigh muscle. My son fell as well and manage to get a small battle scar...him against the ice. Five stitches later on the side of of his head and he's non the worse for wear. I ended up with the flu (a gift from my granddaughter) so I guess you could say we weren't going anywhere for a few days. However, I was able to clean out and reorganize my studio. It only took me two days, then again I was sick and all that dust didn't help.

Its so nice to see my desk again, to have all my paints and materials back where they belong, to have my work filed in the correct drawers and my books back on their proper shelves. Yesterday I was able to just sit and create for a few hours in the comfort of my home without having to stop and run out the door. Today I had the luxury of sitting at my desk paints and colored pencils at the ready, while I colored a skit I sketched yesterday for the Picture Bookies Showcase. Picture Bookies Showcase

Yes, I know, it been far too long since I've posted. I will try for once a week, but no promises. Tomorrow we go back to our regular skating and dance schedual and next month I'm doing the Nano Write. http://www.NaNoWriMo.org


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vivian!!! Nice to have you back!! I was just thinking about writing you to make sure all is okay with you.

These are really really wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing

Sorry to hear about the kids. You guys have been very busy.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Hi Sherry,

I sure miss you and the gang and its nice to have had a few days off to reflect and post.

Wow you all have some wonderful and exciting talent on the Picture Bookies Showcase. I checked out some of the web sites via thier links and whew...just beautiful!

Well, got to go, I'm going to try to make it to your's and Amy's blog late tonight, or tomorrow.
Catch you soon and thanks,
Vivian :D

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home