Saturday, September 16, 2006

I finally got some more illos (character sketches) done today, scroll down to see them.

Yesterday, we went all over town looking for the last Full Metal Alchemist DVD. We have been following this series and could hardly wait for volume 13 : Brotherhood, which consists of episodes 49-51.

The movie, The Conqueror Of Shamballa also came out earlier this week. It takes place 2 years after the end of episode 51.
.
I've become a huge anime fan over the summer. What better way than to observe animation, sequencing, character development, or lack there of and continue to bond with your teens. We have acquired quite a collection of series, some are fabulous, and others....well, I should have saved my money.

Full Metal Alchemist is among my favorites, which also include Evangellen, Wolf's Rain, and all anime directed by Hayao Miyazaki, such as My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

But, back to Full Metal Alchemist, if you're one of those persons that loves to be swept away by the drama and growth of characters, then this series is for you. The other one I'm quite hooked on is the Avatar The Last Airbender series. Then again I still love cartoons.

If, wishes came true I would have been born Walt Disney's daughter studied and learned animation in one of his studios. I love all his old classical movies, like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Fantasia, Bambi, The Fox and the Hound, The Aristocats.....


OK, enough chit-chat, here are a few more character sketches for my Spell on Mother Bear story. I quickly played around with graphite first and then went over them in pen. I've posted both so you can see how I developed them and later lightly inked them. Remember, these are rough gesture like character sketches. The main purpose of these is to help me play with and develop my characters visually, before I commit to drawing a storyboard, or final dummy sketches.
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home