Friday, June 06, 2008

I meant to state that all these new uploaded images are being hand drawn on my Wacom Tablet. The reason being that I am seldom home anymore nor near a physical studio where I can get to my paints and other art supplies. I'm always on the road and I find it more convenient to just pull out my laptop and tablet.
With Painter I have access to any pallet and painting surface without having to worry about spilling physical paint, inks, water and rinsing out brushes. In addition, I think it might work out better for me in relation to my graphic novels. Instead of having to start from scratch on a particular page with various panels, if I mess up or am dissatisfied with one of those panels, I can just redo the individual panel without having to scrap the entire page. Oh, and one more thing, I'm not good with hand lettering, so being able to type dialogue right onto my illos is a great plus.
There is a learning curve to be sure, but what else is new with all dreams worth pursuing well. Besides, we wouldn't like our lives to become too stagnant now would we. ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home