Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Left Behind...from Songs to the Dragon King, by Vivian Hadding

Planning
Dreaming
Slipping into the night
And you're gone

Trying to remember
Your words
Your smile
And the wisdom you've taught

Getting stronger
Getting Bolder
Taking risks
I'd never thought

You'd be proud
If only you could
See me now
Oh shimmering one

Grew some wings
Spread them wide
From the highest tree
Have learned to fly

Seems so long
You've been gone
And I wonder
Where you are tonight

A new room
A new start
Within these walls
No one can stop

The words
The songs
The art that pours
From my heart

I light a candle
Every night
I say a prayer
For you and I

For all the Love
For all the Light
For the true friend
You've left behind

Left behind
Left behind
For the pure love
You've left behind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home