Friday, October 06, 2006

I've been working on these two illos for the last two days. The first is a rough for page 10 of my dummy, (pages 1 and 2 consist of the title page and credit's page). The second illo is one of my character sketches. I decided to spend a little time playing around with color pencils...playing being the key word.



































































I took a trip to visit my Mom in the hospital two weeks ago. Its her sixth time in the hospital since June. I know, I've mentioned this before, but here I am again trying to work the feelings rushing through my heart. Its strange all we keep in, all the years of dysfunction and pain we've pushed away. Sooner, or later though, we discover that no matter how hard we've tried, there's no escape.

So, we step forward and face our fears, our silenced tears calmly in the face of adversity. We continue to hold things in, till we return to our homes once more. Then, we close the windows, and try to disconnect ourselves, till we can manage assorted increments of pain.

I've spent the last two weeks rewriting parts of a graphic novel I've been working on for the last two years. In truth there are three books thus far, book one has had more rewrites and revisions than I care to remember. Somehow, it seemed just the right place to be after my visit with Mom. In addition to writing, I've been walking in my woods again, not just once a day, more like three, or four. I've gone through another set of guitar strings too...sometimes nature and music are the only medicines your heart response to.

Oh, yes, one more thing...I read Terry Brooks new novel Armageddon's Children. Its dark, terrifying in a profound way. Great read, I can't wait for the sequel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home